The Catholic Life of St Anne’s is at the heart of everything within school. We strive through our mission statement to:
“Lead our children to be like Jesus ……..wise, caring, honest and fair, today and everyday.”
We aim to achieve this by:
- Recognising the needs and talents of our children in our teaching;
- Ensuring our appreciation of all the staff;
- Celebrating our thanksgiving through Mass, assembly, work and play;
- Welcoming and valuing all people and respecting all property;
- Looking to the needs of those both near and far;
- Using our time and efforts well;
We believe that these aspirations are reflected in the manner in which we welcome, support, share and forgive others, linking us to the Gospel values we hold dear.
Jesus said, ‘Love one another as I have loved you.’ (John 13:34-35).
We are called by God to be people of charity. Each year, we support a variety of charities such as CAFOD, the British Legion and Nightstop (a local charity that provides assistance for homeless people and those experiencing housing-related issues). We strive to teach our children the importance of sharing with others and spreading God’s love as laid out in the scriptures:
“Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless.
Give clothes to those who need them “(Isaiah 58:7)
As by “doing good and sharing what we have… we please God.”
(adapted from Hebrews 13:15-16)