Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCO) is Mrs Laura Chapman.
If you require more information please contact Laura on:
The following information is taken from St Anne’s SEND Policy and SEND Information Report
At St Anne’s Primary Catholic Academy we embrace the fact that every child is different and we do not discriminate against SEND pupils.
Statement of Intent
It is the aim of this school to provide every child with the best education possible. Our objective in setting out the school’s Special Educational Needs Policy is to make everyone aware that we want all pupils to benefit as fully as possible from the education provided within the school.
We cater for pupils who experience difficulties in:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Emotional and social development
- Sensory and/ or physical and medical conditions
Aims and Objectives for 2021-22.
- To identify pupils with special educational needs as early as possible and that their needs are met.
- To have in place systems whereby teachers are aware of such pupils and cater to their individual needs.
- To provide all our children with a broad and balanced curriculum that is differentiated to the needs and ability of the individual.
- To be sympathetic to each child’s needs by providing a strong partnership between children, parents, governors, local authority and outside agencies.
- To ensure all pupils make effective progress and realise their full potential.
- To ensure all pupils take a full and active part in school life.
- To work with other schools to share good practise in order to improve this policy.
Our St Anne’s SEND Information Report is complicit with the statutory requirement laid out in the SEND Code of Practice 0-25 September 2014.
In addition to facilitate all learners, we use a variety of interventions and approaches to address specific areas of need and would look carefully at your child’s individual needs when deciding how best to support your child. Our staff are experienced and well trained in many aspects of Special Educational Needs and in educational interventions. We also receive advice and support from many external agencies from the Health Services, Educational Psychologists, Social Services and MAT Teams.
For further information relating to the support available within school and for affected families please read our SEND Information Report.