Advice for Parents

Family Resource Workers

When families of school-aged children need extra help, we have family resource workers based in schools to offer support.

The family resource worker can offer advice and support to a child, young person and their family when the school has identified them as being a ‘child in need’.

To receive support from the family resource worker, parents and carers should talk to their child’s school or, alternatively contact Derbyshire Council or call 08456 058 058 for further information or advice.

Module 1 Preventing and Tackling Bullying